Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affair Al-Jubeir: Saudi crown prince did not order Khashoggi killing

in NEWS INTERNAZIONALI/News Uk

Saudi Minister of State for Foreign Affairs Adel Al-Jubeir said on Friday that Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman did not order the killing of journalist Jamal Khashoggi.

“We know that this was not an authorized operation. There was no order given to conduct this operation,” Al-Jubeir told members of the US media in Washington. Al-Jubeir said he could not comment on a New York Times story on Thursday in which anonymous sources alleged the crown prince made a threat against Khashoggi in 2017.


Saudi Arabia late last year indicted 11 people for the killing at the Kingdom’s consulate in Istanbul in October. Prosecutors are seeking the death penalty against five of them.

The minister said it was preposterous for other countries to think that they can dictate what the Saudi leadership should do in handling the case. The Saudi judiciary is committed to holding those involved in the killing of Khashoggi to account, he added.

Al-Jubeir said he hoped the US Congress would take a step back and await the results of the investigation into Khashoggi’s death, reported Arab News.

Trump administration has said there is no direct evidence of the crown prince’s  involvement, and has stressed the vital importance of relations between Washington and Riyadh.

C.P.

 

If you require any further information, feel free to contact us: redazione@almaghrebiya.it

 


Ultime da NEWS INTERNAZIONALI

Vai a Inizio pagina